Wednesday 5 October 2011

Thursday, 6 October, 2011

Welcome to my blog and my first post!

I have spent the day completing a project to be taught at the Country Pickin's Quilt Camp to be held at Katoomba in July 2012.  It is a large foundation pieced compass block with machine applique and piecing surrounding it.  I have made it in beautiful batik fabrics in colours of turquoise and orange - very unusual for me.  Yes, I can do colours other than repro!

I have also completed notes for a new table runner project to be published in Quilters' Companion magazine.  It is called "Kentucky" table runner and has been hand appliqued and quilted in lovely pinks and browns - more my usual palette.

Quite a productive day!

Back to work tomorrow at the gorgeous Pioneer Patchwork and a last lesson for girls making "Pemberley" there on Saturday.

Less than 3 weeks to go until I make the journey to Houston, Texas for the 2011 Quilt Market and Festival.   I am just a bit excited.

Hope to hear from you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment