Saturday 13 October 2012

"Elegant Sampler" Complete

Tracey's Sampler

When I started teaching my own patchwork designs over ten years ago, I made several sampler quilts to teach my beginner students. 

I still love samplers.  They never get boring because you are always working on a different block with different shapes and a variety of techniques.

The first sampler I made was called "Elegant Sampler" = not a very original name (luckily I have become more inventive with naming my quilts with a little help from my friends!) but it was a pretty quilt.  I then made "Antique Stars" and "Manderley" to satisfy the sampler cravings.

This is Tracey's version of "Elegant Sampler", started ten years ago and just finished - although she has made lots in between times.

This is lovely Tracey on the left and beautiful Katy Law on the right, who quilted the quilt.  It is so pretty in pink and green!


No comments:

Post a Comment