Thursday 15 November 2012

"Spikey" Makes His Appearance

Magazine Appearances


I was pleased to see that photographs of my "Spikes and Specks" quilt made it into the September/October issue of France's beautiful quilt publication "Quiltmania" and in the latest Issue Number 58 of Australian Quilters Companion.

My quilt won Second Prize in the Commercially Machine Quilted Category of the NSW Quilters' Guild Annual Darling Harbour Show in June 2012.  The quilt was beautifully enhanced by the magical quilting of Veronica Appleyard.

I have a project in the Quilters Companion out now.  It is the third project and article in my history series.  This time I include the instructions to make my "Pineapple" block cushion.  The block is made using paper foundation piecing techniques.   It is a fun block to make and would make a spectacular quilt if it was repeated in rows.  Now, that's an idea!






No comments:

Post a Comment