Monday 8 April 2013

Happy Endings!

Finishing Touches

I have been frantically sewing lately to finish my two entries in the Quilters' Guild of NSW Darling Harbour Quilt Show to be held in June.

I completed my "Hunsford" a couple of weeks ago.  This is the fifth in my Jane Austen Collection of Quilts.

"Hunsford" is the parsonage where Mr Collins lives on the edge of Rosings Park in Jane Austen's masterpiece "Pride and Prejudice". 

Elizabeth goes to visit Charlotte Lucas and Mr Collins there after their marriage.  It is here that she again meets Mr D'Arcy and he proposes marraige to her in a most unseemly manner.  She is very good at rebuffing him!

I am again watching the 1995 BBC version with my two teenage sons - lucky I have taught them well and they love it also.

My second quilt is called "Bunbury".  This name came about from a delightful lady I met at Carolyn's Quilting Room in Wodonga.  Jeanette thought that my next Jane Austen quilt was called "Bunbury" but I have adopted the name instead for my newest compass quilt.

Since researching, I discover Bunbury is a town in Western Australia but is also the imaginary invalid friend of the main character in Oscar Wilde's "The Importance of Being Earnest".  Love the literary link!

I am putting the finishing touches on this quilt tonight - the last of the machine applique.

Both quilts will be custom quilted by Veronica Appleyard.  I am very excited to see them finished!!

Will post photos at a later date....

No comments:

Post a Comment