Tuesday 9 April 2013

"Rosings" Lesson 3

Beautiful "Rosings" Appliques

It is always so wonderful to see the girls come back to class with a lot of sewing added to their quilts.

Today I taught the third class to a group of ladies at Pioneer Patchwork working on my "Rosings" quilt design, the fourth in my Jane Austen series.

I would like to share some of the spectacular results.

The first is the quilt centre made by Denise.  Denise always chooses different and stunning colours for her quilts.  Wow, that blue is amazing and the applique looks fantastic on it. We both wondered whether the blue would be overpowering but once the applique was applied it looks awesome!  It was a great lesson in colour choice.  The bright lime green vines look lovely on the blue!




This is Sharon's version on a black background fabric I call "oil slick":  Looking great!  The purple and grey green add sparks of interest with the golds and oranges.



This is Judy's, who liked my original and has used the same chocolate background and similar colours to mine.  This version is classic and soft.





A couple of close ups of Judys:



This is Jan's soft grey and pink version, very pretty.




This one is Elaine's, who finished ALL her applique in the past month - wow, it is divine!  I love the colours - most AUTUMNAL (one of my favourite words)!  Elaine thinks it is very bright but I think it looks amazing.  I love the combination of oranges on the tulips and the bright green of the heart shaped leaves.



Those green striped vines just POP!  Study those fussy cut hexagons as well and the gorgeous circle berries.




Here is a full view of Elaine's wonderful centre.  I just love it so much.  It is absolutely stunning.  I could not take my eyes off it.



The next two photos are from June's version on chocolate brown.  Her colours and hexagons are lovely and don't those blue flowers just sing?



How fabulous to see all these beautiful quilts!

Congratulations. girls....  Thank you for the comments about these quilts.  I am pleased you are enjoying the photos.

Katrina x

2 comments:

  1. Unos quilts preciosos, son espectaculares !!! felicidades.
    Besos.
    http://tallerdelaboresmaricarmen.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue is a spectacular background. I would have had to take a leap of faith to use it but it works so very well. I like the darker brown background too.

    ReplyDelete