Monday 29 July 2013

A Taste of Jane Austen Country

Helen Bertram of Whitecroft Traditional Tours has been sending me some more enticing photographs from England.

Helen is in the process of finalising all of the activities and visits on our Jane Austen itinerary for the tour taking place in September/October 2015.

If you have not checked it out yet click on the tab at the top of my blog page to read through the itinerary or click the link to go directly to Whitecroft Tours.  There are still a few places left so do not miss out if you are interested!

This should whet your appetite for England:

This is the sign post of the church at Steventon where Jane's father preached when she was a young girl.



Here is the church - isn't it gorgeous?  They are waiting for a wedding to commence.

                   

            

This is Chawton cottage in Hampshire where Jane spent some very productive years writing her novels.


This is the house in College Street, Winchester, where Jane passed away in the arms of her sister Cassandra.



This is the plaque in Winchester Cathedral where Jane is buried. The flowers are magnificent.



Here is the interior of the Cathedral - magnificent!


 I am wondering if I can maintain my excitement for two more years - yes, I think I can!

Katrina x






No comments:

Post a Comment