Friday 19 July 2013

Jane Austen Quilt Collection Talk to SA Quilt Encounter

I was very honoured to be asked to present a talk to the ladies attending the South Australian Quilt Encounter on "My Journey with Jane Austen".

I was only able to bring my "Pemberley" quilt with me as my two suitcases were bulging with folder notes and samples for the classes I was teaching - they weighed over 40kgs when I put them on the scales at the airport.


However, I had prepared a PowerPoint presentation of 78 slides of photos of my quilts and some antique quilts which I showed during my talk.

I had some funny interchanges with the audience during the talk, especially about Mr Darcy, and some very positive feedback afterwards.  In fact, a couple of ladies have since booked to come on my tour to England in 2015 with Whitecroft Traditional Tours.  Yay!




 Here is Kerryn Brand from the QGSA Quilt Encounter Committee while I am answering questions at the end of the talk.


No comments:

Post a Comment