Saturday 19 October 2013

More Happy Quilt Makers!

I have some more photos of work being done in my classes.

First here is Jean with her wonderful completed "Rose Rhapsody" quilt.

Yes, this is one of the first quilts I designed to teach.  I made this quilt ten years ago and I still have ladies enjoying making it.  The centre appliqué square contains a three dimensional woven basket and flowers made using several traditional Baltimore appliqué techniques.

Jean should be very proud of this quilt as I think it was one of her first attempts at appliqué and she has machine quilted the whole quilt herself and done a great job!


Here is a close up.


Then Jean has been working on her compass blocks for "The Way Ahead" quilt.  Here are two of the compasses so far.



Margaret has done a beautiful job on her centre appliqué panel for "Longbourne".  Today we trimmed down the centre and added two borders and pinned her hexagon border in place.  It looks fantastic.


Here are some close ups of the applique and hexagons.







Here are two photos of Kylie's lovely corner blocks for her "Pemberley".



Well done ladies.  Happy stitching!

Katrina x

No comments:

Post a Comment