Saturday 19 October 2013

Work from Today's Class

I spent the day at Kurragong today where my ladies were finishing off a variety of projects.

Here are a few photos of Mary's lovely version of my "Jane" cushion which appeared in an issue of Homespun magazine.  It is still a WIP (work in progress) but I helped Mary tack the rest of the clam shells needed for her border.  The colours are soft and pretty.  Love the striped stems.





We have two Mary's in this group, the next project belongs to Mary #2.  It is her "Rococo" blocks made from an aboriginal print.  She has made the whack and stack blocks in class and then set them in an attic window setting with black sashing strips in between.  Wow, it looks awesome.  She will be doing some more rows and has decided to do a quilt as you go method.




The day was cut short because of the fire alerts in the area.  It has been a terrible day for New South Wales and Sydney.  There were fires at Kurragong Heights and the sky turned brown so we decided to all disperse and make our way home early.  I was pleased to get home to my boys.

Katrina x

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about these dreadful fires. Sending good thoughts and prayers to everyone in the area. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete