Sunday 15 December 2013

Lovely Class Work

Even though classes are drawing to a close for the year, I still have ladies finishing off their projects.

Here is Kay's beautiful "Jane" cushion.  My original was published in Homespun magazine early in the year.

Kay has done a fabulous job with her applique and her lovely clamshell border with alternating gold motifs and then blue clams behind them.



Then here is Robin again with a completed "Netherfield" made in the Park Avenue range by Moda.  This range of fabric featured some gorgeous prints in deep chocolates, blues, tans, creams and reds.  I don't think anyone does red better than Moda.

Robin's quilt is really spectacular.  I love it.  Makes we want to immediately design another framed medallion quilt... I wonder if I can fit that into my holiday sewing schedule?

Here is a close up of one corner showing the beautiful border print from the range.  Wow!  I love it.

Here is the centre of Robin's quilt:




Next, here is Chris' glorious "Pemberley" in soft, pretty colours.  Chris has now completed all four of the Jane Austen Quilt Collection quilts I have taught: Pemberley, Netherfield, Longbourne and Rosings.  Chris has made each one in a totally different colour scheme.  She is very good with choosing colours and selecting motifs to fussy cut and she makes them very quickly and quilts them all herself.  Well done, Chris.




We had some excitement in the classroom as lovely Julie completed her first large quilt.  It is her version of my whack and stack "Rococo" design.  Julie's looks wonderful with those interesting star blocks and wow factor bright pink zig zag setting.  Hooray! Snaps for Julie!!!



At my Jane Austen quilt day, here is Margaret's very gorgeous "Longbourne" centre in rich colours with some very lovely fussy cuts.


Here are some pretty half dresden flowers made by Kylie.  I love the sweet birds.




Here is Lynne's "Pemberley" centre which she says has been a long time coming... but it was worth it.


Well done, everyone.  I am lucky to have such clever students!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad Kylie loved the little birds I drew for that fabric….so lovely to see! What pleasure you have given to so many over the past year. Have a very Happy Christmas Katrina and all the best for 2014 xx

    ReplyDelete