Saturday 25 January 2014

Final Day of Jane Austen Finishing School

Today I held the last of my Finishing School days.  We had a particularly funny day with Miss Julie, Kelly and Michelle in fine form!

I am very pleased that lots of ladies were able to make significant progress on their Jane Austen quilts, with a little help here and there!  Thank you to everyone who has supported me over the past three weeks by attending these classes.  I hope you have enjoyed them as much as I have!

Here is a report from today.

First is Theresa's lovely "Rosings" centre.  Her pieced Georgetown Circle block is really gorgeous and she is working away on all four corners of her appliqué as she decides which colour to do each flower and leaf. Wonderful!


Here is Julie's centre of "Rosings". The brown spot background looks great.  The centre circle is cut from her border fabric.


Here is Julie's first urn in place, or should I say "vase" as she has decided not to do the handles! Design modification.


Here is Kelly's centre to "Netherfield". Wow, she worked hard to get this far so quickly.  Her colours are fabulous in shades of pink, brown and purple.



Now I have some lovely photos of Michelle's "Florentine" centre.  Did she really only start two weeks ago?  This is a fun quilt to do with its combination of machine piecing and machine appliqué.  I love it.



Thanks ladies.  K x

No comments:

Post a Comment