Monday 13 January 2014

The Launch of my Brand New Block of the Month Program

I have been sewing like crazy over the holiday period to complete several new projects for workshops as well as for my own Block of the Month program.

I have made two complete versions of the same quilt, called "Gold Rush", in two different colour ways.

This quilt is my own original design comprised of twelve different machine pieced traditional 12 inch blocks embellished with some (optional) hand appliqué.

Each block is set on point with pieced triangles and sashing strips. Cornerstone squares and a final border complete this bed sized quilt.  I am really pleased with the final design and I think you will find making the blocks both interesting and challenging (but not too hard!)

The patterns for "Gold Rush" will be available through several outlets, each offering a different colour way of fabrics.  

I have spent many hours typing up the block patterns and working on the computer generated diagrams.  A couple of my gorgeous students are making all the blocks to pattern test the instructions for me.  This is always a great help!

I am very excited that the first option to be available will be through Appleyard Cottage. Veronica is offering the quilt in her version of bold blacks, rich reds and gorgeous mustards in genuine reproduction fabrics.  You can obtain more information by clicking here.

Here are some photos of my quilts: the first colour way is a variety of reproduction blues, pinks and browns.

          
Here are some close ups:



Here is the other colour way in rich reds, mustard, brown and dark blue.
                            


Here are some of the blocks in the two colour ways side by side:





As soon as further arrangements with other outlets are finalised, I will let you know via this blog.  I hope you will join me on this piecing journey.

Katrina x

No comments:

Post a Comment