Thursday 13 March 2014

Elaine's Magnificent Show and Tell

One of my long term students, Elaine, came to show me some absolutely magnificent completed quilt tops she has finished since classes on my Jane Austen Quilt Collection.

Elaine does very beautiful appliqué and has worked very hard in the last few months to complete three quilts!

Unfortunately, I only had my small camera with me so the photos do not do justice to the display.

Here is Elaine's "Pemberley":  she has used some beautiful fabrics particularly in pinks and purples which really give her quilt a feminine feel.






Then here is Elaine's "Longbourne" with striking red borders and lots of fussy cutting.



Different again is Elaine's "Netherfield" which is very pretty in vintage fabrics in gold, blue, purple, teal and green (oops, I did not take a shot of the whole quilt):





Congratulations Elaine on a monumental sewing effort! Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment