Monday 28 April 2014

I Love Designing Whack and Stack Quilts

I have really enjoyed the challenges presented when designing whack and stack quilts.

I have now made four of these designs taking different fabrics and cutting a different shape each time from a pile of identical pieces of fabric.

These are always such fun classes as everyone uses a different fabric and it is such a surprise to see the beautiful patterns created once we cut the pieces and arrange them into the block formation.

This is number four which I have now called "Marrakesh" (thanks to my blog correspondent, Kim, for the name!).

I have cut wedges from my stack and created Dresden fan blocks.

I will be teaching this new quilt at The Stitchers Cupboard in Camden over the weekend of Saturday 30 August and Sunday 31 August, 2014. Please phone Kathy to make a booking on 4655 8348.



Here are some blocks Mary made for one of my other whack and stack designs "Rococo", this time cutting eight diamonds to make a Le Moyne star block.  Mary used a bright Kaffe Fassett fabric to make a modern, funky quilt which has been claimed by one of her children.




Looks great, Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment