Saturday 12 April 2014

Sensational Centres of "Hunsford"

It is great to see all the quilts as they are progressing.  This is the fifth design I have been teaching in my Jane Austen Quilt Collection.

Lots of the ladies have been with me for several years and have joined me for each of the quilts.  I am finding that they are now branching out to create the quilts in very different colours to those I have used for the original quilt.  I love to see all the variations and this was certainly the case at Pioneer Patchwork today.

This is Leanne's "Hunsford" centre using the French General range called Josephine in soft brown and red and pink.  Looks so good...


Love the border:


Here is the block design we were working on today:


Leanne got all of her cutting out done:


This is Kerry's centre in red and black - look at her incredible border.  We had to go for "option 2" as we did not have enough border fabric for all three borders on the quilt to be mitred, so we added cornerstones and a large applique black hexagon from the middle block design in each corner.  Looks great!



This is Robyn's centre in blue and red- gorgeous and another fussy cut border stripe.



Here is Robin's centre (yes, I had two Robins in class who both answered when I asked a question).  This is so dramatic in strong black and red:


This is Kylie's feminine version in pink roses on black with green and yellow accents:


Wow!


We got a lot done on Sue's centre today with the addition of the dogtooth border and strip pieced borders in black/grey and pink:


Such a gorgeous use of William Morris fabrics:


Thanks for a lovely and productive day, ladies.  Happy stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment