Monday 14 April 2014

Weekend Sewing

I love nothing better than getting all of the chores done quickly so that I can spend some time at home designing and sewing a new quilt.

I have very much enjoyed making and teaching different whack and stack quilt designs (I already have three in my portfolio using different shapes) so when I saw this crazy colourful fabric at The Stitchers Cupboard, I knew it would make an awesome whack and stack quilt.  It is called "Road Well Travelled" by Marcus Fabrics.

So the fourth in my series of whack and stacks is in the making!  I have cut six identical wedges and made a Dresden fan block.


Stay tuned for more.  Fifteen more blocks to sew.  By the way, my gorgeous girlfriends gave me a new Gingher rotary cutter for my birthday.  It is superb - can highly recommend it!

Happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment