Saturday 12 April 2014

Wonderful Work at Kings Park Hobbysew

My girls at Kings Park have been making great progress on their quilts.  I teach a monthly afternoon class on the second Wednesday of every month.

It was wonderful to see Jill's completed "Ashbourne Mill" which she started some time ago.  It has just been quilted by the Hobbysew ladies and looks fantastic.  Jill has a great sense of colour and this quilt looks so good in the dark blues and browny reds she has chosen.



Fantastic!


Some of my new ladies are also making their own version of "Ashbourne Mill".  This is Michelle's centre block.  We were very pleased with the fussy cutting of the centre octagon appliqué shape from the Moda range called Little Black Dress #2:


This is Anna's block, under construction:


Jill is now making a most spectacular version of "Mansfield Park".  Totally different to the first quilt I showed you, take a look at the stunning fabric and colour combinations in this:  Makes me want to make another quilt in Japanese fabrics.




Absolutely awesome.  It is a privilege to teach such talented students.  All of my ladies are so clever!

No comments:

Post a Comment