Sunday 11 May 2014

"Reflections" Challenge

The latest challenge for my Textiles Across the Tasman group was due at the end of April.

I have been so busy working I could not get to it until now. The theme this time is "Reflections" - proposed by Rachelle Denneny.

All I could think of was the moon reflected on the water!  Not very original or inspiring, especially as I have never attempted a landscape quilt.

I decided to create a pattern and repeat it four times so that it would have a mirror image and a reflection (I hope that's right).

The dimensions of the piece are strictly 8" x 13" in portrait so there is not a lot of space.

I was inspired by a celtic knot look and also made the piece in black and white so that it looked quite graphic.  It is machine appliqued and quilted.

I hope you like it?

            








No comments:

Post a Comment