Tuesday 13 May 2014

The Applecore Shape

I have finished the piece I was working on using the Applecore shape.

I showed some of my ladies in class explaining that I planned to use it for the front of a bag.  One lady asked if she could turn hers into a cushion and another said she would like to make a cushion.  I said "my sample has just become a cushion"!

Here it is:


With some ric rac embellishment, a pretty border and some hand quilting, it makes a lovely cushion!



The Applecore shape looks a lot harder than it is.  They fit together beautifully.

I will be teaching this technique at Pioneer Patchwork on Tuesday, 12 August in a Workshop from 10am to 4pm.  Please phone the store on 4647 3555 to book in to the class.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! The fabric you used is perfect. I'd love to make this in a 'throw' size. Are the apple apple core pieces about 3" long?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My applecores are four inches long.

    ReplyDelete