Wednesday 11 June 2014

Class at Kings Park Hobbysew

My ladies at Kings Park Hobbysew continue to do some excellent work on their quilts in my sit and sew class.

Caroline has been working on my design called "Cross My Heart" which features some crazy patchwork techniques.  

Here are a couple of photos of my quilt which I made some years ago.  It is even hand quilted in pink Perle 8 thread.



Caroline found a stash of fabrics she bought years ago with a panel of pictures of Amish scenes and coordinating fabrics.  She decided to use these in her crazy patchwork hearts.

They have turned out really lovely with their colours of soft purples, pinks, greens, blues and browns.  I suggested we use a plain black fabric for the piping around the hearts.  Wow!


Here are Drew's four patch blocks for her jelly roll "Jelly Nation" quilt in Nancy Halverson fabrics.  Lovely.


Here are some of Jill's small blocks for her "Pennsylvania" quilt.  There are nine shoo fly blocks in the quilt. Yummy repros!


I am excited that my "Pemberley" class is due to start on 3rd July at Hobbysew.  Phone the shop if you would like to join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment