Saturday 5 July 2014

My Own Sewing

I have finished piecing a small table runner from the beautiful new Moda range about to hit the shelves.  It is a Collections for a Cause range called "Community".

I foundation pieced three 6 inch pineapple blocks and set them on point.  The border fabric is a gorgeous stripe which comes in three colour ways.



I am going to hand quilt it using Perle 8 thread.  I am thinking to quilt a fancy pattern in the large plain triangles in red thread.  Hand quilting in Perle is quick and I find very therapeutic.

PS.  I had a call last night to let me know I have won some sort of prize at the Sydney Quilt Show with either "Meryton" or "Henrietta".  I will not know what it is until Wednesday morning at the prize presentation.  Very exciting!

Bye for now,  K x


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Katrina, both quilts are beautiful...Julie Holder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the table runner, did you use a five or 10 in pack? Julie H..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a fat quarter pack, but the blocks could be made from the fabric in 10 inch squares, except for the background and border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on another prize winning quilt!!! The table runner is lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very exciting indeed! Looking forward to the particulars on Wednesday. This runner is lovely.... learn so much seeing how you use the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete