Sunday 7 December 2014

Richmond Stitchers at Mulgoa

I had a busy class today with the ladies of the Richmond Stitchers.  Every few months we have a retreat at "Winbourne", the Edmund Rice Convention Centre.

The grounds are always beautiful and I love the historic sandstone buildings.  We heard kookaburras and bell birds between showers of rain.



Kim finished her beautiful Australian wildflower version of my whack and stack Le Moyne star quilt design:



Di also had show and tell with her soft pastel version of the same quilt, which has been quilted in a flowing feather design.  It has pride of place on her own bed.



Di also brought her delightful bed topper to show me.  She made this in class from my X-blocks quilt design:  looks great also in soft colours.



Karol completed piecing her cushion of small paper foundation pieced pineapple blocks in stunning brown, pink and red.  Her final outside border will become a flange on her cushion.


We also had lots of fun laying out Judy's fan blocks for her version of my whack and stack "Marrakesh" quilt.  This quilt consists of sixteen fan blocks, each one 14 inches square.  I sashed my blocks and laid them out in four large circles. Here is my original design:


Here are Judy's sixteen blocks laid out in as many ways as we could think of.  Which do you like best??






Wow, it is hard to decide which way to go.

Thanks for the fun and the Kris Kringle presents ladies.







No comments:

Post a Comment