Wednesday 21 January 2015

Day 7 in New Zealand and Day 8: Travelling Home

I held the second of my two day class on "Rosings" yesterday.  We had a very relaxing day working on hand appliqué techniques.

Some of the ladies had never made hexagons before so I proudly showed them all my special "fussy cutting" tips and sewing techniques.  I hope I have now got them addicted to the therapeutic joys of English paper piecing!

I'm afraid I had a brain melt down in the afternoon and forgot to take a photo of the whole class.  What a shame.

Here are a couple of shots of progress on the centre blocks:  please note this had been ironed properly yet.



Here are some views of the sunset sky from my window showing the huge and majestic windmills on the hills in the distance.



There was lots of fun at the closing ceremony when the Palmerston North Committee handed over the reins of Symposium to the Christchurch Committee which will be organising the next event in October 2017.  The lady in the centre here is Helen Pedersen, the Tutor Coordinator for Palmerston.  Helen is a fabulous organiser and a very friendly and lovely person (hi Helen).  All the Committee did a fabulous job to make a thorough well run and very very happy Symposium.  Congratulations to everyone!


Here are the Christchurch ladies tempting everyone to come back to Symposium in 2017.  It would be a very easy decision to make!  The theme for the next Sympsium is "Creative Construction", very appropriate given the devastation caused by an earthquake a couple of years ago.



Now I am back at Palmerston North airport, on my way home.  I have had just the most delightful, fulfilling and exciting time.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Katrina, thank you for your blogging and using your name in the blog. That is how I found you :) I'm Katriina as well. The name is rather seldom used in Finland, but my mom has given it me already over 60 years ago, think about it! I like to follow quilting blogs and see what people are doing all over the world. It's so exciting! Thank You! I'm following You :) Wonder how many Katrinas are we who are addicted to patchwork...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katrina! I hope you enjoyed reading about my trip to New Zealand.

      Delete
  2. Hi Katrina,
    I had an awesome time looking after all my lovely tutors. I am so glad you had a good time. It was such fun. I hope we meet again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, I am sure we will meet again. The quilting "world" is actually surprisingly small. Hugs and kisses and thanks again, K x

      Delete