Thursday 15 January 2015

Day One of my New Zealand Adventure

I had to get up at 4.30am this morning to be at the airport in time for a flight to Wellington, New Zealand.  It was great to meet the very bubbly Deborah Louie at the airport and travel together to the Manawatu Quilt Symposium in Palmerston North.

It was fun to see huge figures from The Hobbit movies suspended from the ceiling at Wellington Airport.  Gollum was suitably creepy.




We flew from Wellington to Palmerston North on a 20 seater and enjoyed some views along the coastline and over rich green farmland.



Here I am on the plane:


When we arrived at our Motel, I found some lovely goodies from the Symposium Tutors Committee.  Thank you, ladies. It is so nice to be spoiled.


Tomorrow we will be going to the High School to set up our classrooms for the five days of workshops ahead.  In the evening we will attend the Official Opening before classes begin on Saturday.

An early night for me, I think!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting Katrina, great photos !!!enjoy and have a great time.... Julie Holder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time. Some very lucky students coming your way ;-)

    ReplyDelete