Thursday 22 January 2015

Goodbye New Zealand, For Now

I hope my blog readers have enjoyed coming along with me on my adventures to teach in New Zealand at Quilt Symposium Manawatu.

I am now safely home (with my four queen sized quilts).  It is so exciting to go on a trip but it is always lovely to get home again and take a few breaths.  

I have a couple of days off now to catch up on washing, cleaning, and to get my act together to complete teaching Summer School next week and prepare all my notes for the new quilts I will be teaching in February!  It never stops...

I enjoyed my trip home from the "land of the long white cloud", flying Air New Zealand.  I flew from Palmerston North to Auckland on a twin propeller plane and then another flight from Auckland to Sydney.

The first leg took me overland and low enough for a fabulous view of the patchwork green fields of farms and the mountains in the centre of the north island.



I could even see the snow scattered tall peak of Mount Taranaki in the distance.


The colour of the ocean in the bays and inlets closer to Auckland was a most spectacular green.  Beautiful.


And so I arrived home, back to my beautiful boys and our little, messy house.  I feel renewed with inspiration from the encouragement and support shown to me by the Symposium Committee, the other fabulous tutors and all my special students.  I am hoping to be back in New Zealand one day.

Here is the collection of lovely gifts each of the tutors received during the course of the week.  Every day at lunchtime we received another coodinating accessory in a goody bag with our lunch.  Such fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment