Thursday 5 February 2015

All Classes Recommence for 2015!

Well, I am in a state of shock that February is well and truly here and all of my regular classes are resuming for the year.

Where did January go?  Usually I get lots of sewing done on my various projects over the Christmas break but this year, not so much!  Well, I suppose I did teach at two Summer Schools and at Symposium Manawatu in New Zealand during January!

Now we are back in the swing of all regular weekly and monthly classes.

Here is a photo of Sharon's second version of "Meryton". Yes, she is making two of these quilts!!  I gave the ladies instructions for the hexagon centre to work on during the holidays.  Sharon has finished her first one and this is the second in a different colour scheme.  WOW!  Sharon will join me for the first of the Meryton classes which are to commence at the end of next week at The Stitchers' Cupboard.


These are Wendy's "Millefiori" whack and stack blocks, arranged on the design wall at Kim Bradley Creations at Castle Hill.  Kim has rearranged the whole shop so that our classroom is now on the ground floor no more stairs. Fabulous!



This is Cindy's centre for a bold and bright "Hunsford".  She has done a great job with her "fussy cutting".  This will be a very exciting version of my traditional black and red quilt.


Cindy also worked on her dogtooth pieced border where she fussy cut a gorgeous orange flower for the side closest to the centre block.   Wow again.



Lesley started work on a Japanese version of "Marrakesh", cutting out all the stacks for her dresden fan blocks.  Lovely.



Today I taught my Jane Austen quilt class at Hobbysew Kings Park.  Margaret began work on "Longbourne".  We had a big consultation on fabric choices.  Lots of fun.


I hope to see you in class soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment