Tuesday 29 September 2015

More Miss Austen

I am hoping you are all enjoying my photos of the Whitecroft Austen experience.  Despite several camera malfunctions, I can share some more from The Jane Austen Museum at Chawton.  Thanks to my beautiful friend Judy Fulham for allowing me to share her photos.

A small kitchen...


Furniture in the main rooms downstairs:

                                        




                                    


This is not the original tester bed but a similar one which Jane and Cassandra would have shared together.


                                    

                                    


And of course, THE QUILT.


Here is Tracey and me in front of this beauty, at last!

                              


                                   

                                   

Here is Jane's writing desk, very unassuming and small.  Where brilliance was created.


How awe inspiring to visit these wonderful places so closely associated with my favourite author. More to come on this amazing tour...

No comments:

Post a Comment