Sunday 31 January 2016

What have I been doing?

I have been very busy preparing for all my regular classes which start this week.  Especially exciting is the commencement of teaching the seventh quilt in the Jane Austen Quilt Collection "Lambton".  I know a lot of ladies have been patiently waiting for this one!  

                         

I have been asked many times to sell these major patterns but I do not think it is fair to my loyal students who all pay considerable amounts to attend class.  A huge amount of work and time goes into each of these quilts from the design process, all the hand stitching, typing notes, hand drawing pattern sheets and the preparation of printing, photographs and class folders.  I will most likely release the patterns for sale in a few years time.


I am also busy preparing for a three day annual retreat I conduct for The Quilting Room in Victor Harbor, South Australia.  I love this special retreat organised by Helen Campbell.  I love to meet up with some of the SA ladies I have taught for the past few years.  This year I am teaching them "Meryton".


I can show you a glimpse of the next Jane Austen quilt I have been working on, to be called "Hartfield".  This is the house where Emma Woodhouse lives with her father in the delightful Austen novel "Emma". Hard to believe she wrote this over 200 years ago!


If you are on FaceBook, please send me a Friend Request as I often post extra photos there.

1 comment:

  1. What a busy time you are having preparing for classes. Hartfield looks interesting AS well. So lovely that you can make these designs. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete