Thursday 25 August 2016

Last Day in Auckland and Journey to the South Island

After a busy three days teaching in Auckland for Patchwork Passion, I had some time off and enjoyed a wonderful visit to Kelly Tarlton's Sea Life Aquarium.

I was delighted to see the large display of Antarctic penguins, both Gentoo and King penguins. I was very lucky to see feeding time.  Here are the smaller Gentoo penguins.  Such characters.




We also saw the larger King penguins including the most gorgeous nine month old brown fluffy chicks.



Here they are swimming to feed on some fish.


Later in the evening I presented another show and tell to some lovely ladies and one gentleman.



Thank you Robyn of Patchwork Passion for having me teach for your lovely shop.  I loved every minute and look forward to the opportunity to visit again.

                         

Here I am with gorgeous Cindy.  Thank you for your most generous hospitality.


I left Auckland in heavy rain and flew to Christchurch in the South Island.  I saw some stunning snow covered mountains from the plane and landed in sunny weather.

I was met by Rachel of Annie's Country Quilt Store who drove me to Ashburton to visit her beautiful store.



A gorgeous store with beautiful displays and wonderful fabrics in reproduction, modern, floral and Japanese styles.




My "Longbourne" has been on holidays in Annie's, waiting for me to come and teach in class.


Having an early night, ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment