Sunday 14 August 2016

My Week

I have had another busy week of classes and sewing.

I have been working on some little fussy cut flowers for a new project.  These flowers will be appliquéd to a floral border.  This will be my teaching sample for my July retreat at Kurri next year.  Still don't have a name for this quilt yet.


I also finished a new table runner project which one of my Facebook friends named as "A Little Bird Told Me..."  This will be a pattern and kit available from The Stitchers Cupboard very soon.


I sewed the binding on completely by machine, first to the back and then from the front.  Works well and then it is finished.  No hand stitching.



I have received some lovely photographs via email during the week from some of my students.

Here is an absolutely stunning "Pemberley", completed by Helen Campbell in Adelaide.  It looks just amazing.  I am looking forward to seeing it for real when I am back there in February to teach for Helen and The Quilting Room.

                         


Jenny sent me some pics of her completed "Lambton".  She has quilted it herself and given it to a friend who loves the colour yellow.  What a beautiful gift!


                             

I taught at Lyn's Fine Needlework on Wednesday.  Jacqueline has been working very hard on her three dimensional applique for "Victoria".  It looks beautiful.

                           

Adrienne has also progressed on her lovely "Pemberley" centre.  I love how the addition of the blue border with wavy applique adds so much colour to the centre.

                      



This is Kerry's "Wentworth" centre which she started a couple of weeks ago on retreat at Kurri Kurri.  It is looking so beautiful.  Love the soft taupe border and pale blue flowers in her "hedge" border.




Today I taught my Richmond ladies at the Edmund Rice Conference Centre in Mulgoa.

Christine has completed a great version of my quilt design using a specialty "X blocks" rotary cutting ruler. The block makes fun secondary zig zag patterns across the quilt.
                         
                                



Kim completed the centre of a stunning "Marrakesh" whack and stack centre.  Just a red border and a wide border of the black Paisley feature fabric to go.  I am teaching this design again at Dorrigo in September.



A very busy time but I have succumbed to the flu and have had to take to my bed (like Mrs Bennett, lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment