Saturday 17 September 2016

A Very Busy Week

I have just completed six days straight of teaching all over Sydney.  It will be good to have a small breather before I go again.

This may be a long post.  I hope you have time to relax and enjoy reading it.

Jennie put her beautiful "Lambton" blocks together and what a gorgeous result.  Here she is with her quilt, just the final borders to be added.  Jennie made this in class at The Stitchers Cupboard (plus homework at home, of course).






                   

Sharon was choosing fabrics for different components of her lovely version of "Wentworth" in Monday class.


                    

Tuesday I had a whack and stack class at Jukejema Quilting Barn in Nowra.  The girls were making a couple of my different quilt designs.  Sue was working on "Millefiori" in the Wild Orchid range by Moda.




                      

Sandra was using Tula Pink to make Le Moyne Star blocks for her "Rococo" quilt.  Gorgeous.



Here is a beautiful star with red flowers made by Chris.


On Wednesday I taught at Lyn's Fine Needlework in Baulkham Hills.  Jacqueline was working on the borders for her lovely "Victoria" centre.

                            


On Thursday I taught my ladies at Richmond.  Judy has been doing lots of stitching lately.  She has completely finished her beautiful version of my "Pemberlini" pattern, including hand quilting.

                      

     

     

     

Judy has also completed a lot of work on her stunning black, grey and red version of "Ashbourne Mill". It looks amazing.  More applique on the pumpkin seeds to go.



Here is Mary's version of "Pemberlini" with a lovely toile centre.

     

     

     

Friday was sit and sew class at The Stitchers Cupboard.  Kerry was working on her soft and beautiful version of "Wentworth" in blues and browns.




Christine completed her version of "Longbourne" in Autumn tones.  Very striking.




Chris has almost completed these two lovely blocks for her "Lambton".


Today was the second class for "Pickled Paisley".  It was a rather busy day of cutting, pinning and stitching.  We were using the paper foundation pieced arcs made previously and sewing them into a circular block.  Here are some of the results, so far.


This is Jan's amazing block in orange, black and grey.  Wow!


This is Kerry's block with a gorgeous bird fabric in blues, greens and teals.

                  

This is Kathy's block in yellows and oranges.


Kelly and Michelle were working on their "Wentworth" centres.  First, this is Kelly's in soft green, pink and brown.


                

This is Michelle's version in brown and pink.  They are both beautiful.



And what have I been stitching between teaching all these classes?  I had a chance to commence my Summer School project.  Students who come to class in January will receive the pattern for a new machine pieced quilt using string piecing.  I am making my quilt in advanced yardage of the new Collections for a Cause range called "Preservation" by Moda.  Yummy!

     

It was great to see one of my quilts, "Harrisburg", featured on a page in the new 2017 Quilters Companion Diary, and it is opposite the page showing my birthday!  Lol.

                           

    

Happy stitching to all my quilting friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment