Monday 19 December 2016

Teaching at the New Zealand National Quilting Symposium October 2017

Today I can finally announce details of my teaching schedule at the NZ Quilting Symposium in Christchurch, 5 to 10 October, 2017.

The 110 page catalogue of classes and information has been shipped to all who have registered.

BloggerImage

What a buzz to be amongst this teaching faculty!

My classes are listed on page 45.

BloggerImage

I will be teaching my 7th Jane Austen design called "Lambton" over three days of workshops.  

BloggerImage

This will give plenty of time for me to demonstrate and teach all of my techniques for hand appliqué and English paper piecing. 

BloggerImage

Students will make progress on the centre of the quilt and make samples for lots of the other pieces.

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

I will also be teaching my quilt called "Henrietta" over a two day workshop. This quilt was inspired by two antique quilts. My quilt was completely machine pieced and appliquéd.

BloggerImage

The first day will be spent making machine pieced blocks, learning many quick and accurate techniques.

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

The second day will be spent learning machine appliqué techniques. You can opt to undertake the appliqué using the fusible method with hand buttonhole stitch or needle turn by hand.

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

Some of my students pieced the centre blocks of the quilt and omitted the appliqué, choosing to add a couple of floral borders instead (OK, cheating is allowed!)

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

It is not too late to register.  Go to http://www.quiltsymposium2017.org.nz.

I hope you will join me for one of these classes.  Please email me if you have any enquiries on Kat.had@bigpond.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment